Re: Parsing DIDL-Lite xml strings

is it allowed to have several <item /> within the <DIDL-Lite /> ?
What does it means? What does the Render do with this?
It is supposed to play each <item/> one after the other like a
playlist? (even if there is only one uri in the soap message)
Or is it to describe a "composite" media (e.g., a music and an
picture)?
Or this is used with other actions (e.g. Transition?) ?

DIDL-Lite is just a way to describe "digital items". What should be
done with a DIDL-Lite fragment depends on the context where it
appears and I think you haven't mentioned what your context is...

For now, I just send an DIDL-Lite fragment to a renderer, then the Play command.

There can be several items in a DIDL-Lite fragment: E.g. a Search
result might include all songs in an album.

Ok, I see. I really lack of the basic knowledge about UPnP :-(

Regards
Christophe