Re: Parsing DIDL-Lite xml strings

Hi,

If I understand well, gupnp_didl_lite_parser_parse_didl() does two tasks:
1) parse the xml string
2) query the media server about availability of the described media

I only need the first half of the job. Is there a way for that?
(I know that the media servers won't reply to me at the time I process the strings).

It only does the first :) If you look at
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gupnp-av/tree/libgupnp-av/gupnp-didl-lite-parser.c
there is no networking involved.

The "available" signal just means it has found a complete object, item
or container in the DIDL-Lite document and passes it to you. You can think
of it more as a filterable call-back, i.e. "object-available" is triggered
on every item node in the DIDL-Lite, item-available only on items
("object.item*" UPnP class) and container-available only on containers
("object.container*" UPnP class).

Ho, sorry for the confusion. Many thanks for your explanations.

By the way, is it allowed to have several <item /> within the <DIDL-Lite /> ?
What does it means? What does the Render do with this?
It is supposed to play each <item/> one after the other like a playlist? (even if there is only one uri in
the soap message)
Or is it to describe a "composite" media (e.g., a music and an picture)?
Or this is used with other actions (e.g. Transition?) ?

Regards,
Christophe