Re: Protocol for the Tronsmart EZCast?

On 3 February 2014 08:34, Luke Bryan <luke32j msn com> wrote:
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a Tronsmart or similar
device, through uPnP? Oddly enough, wireshark capture shows that when
streaming a video file, it doesn't send XML over HTTP uPnP.
However, I got some interesting info over network from going to configure
the device:

They could have their own proprietary procotol (which is what your
script looks like) in addition to implementing a standard Renderer.
The device description claims to be a DLNA renderer so there's at
least a chance that it actually is one.

I suggest you try with a UPnP control point like gupnp-av-cp (from
gupnp-tools) -- but note that you'll need a mediaserver like Rygel
running before you'll be able to play anything.

 - Jussi