Re: gssdp to announce a web server?

On 9 April 2014 21:36, Karl Hiramoto <karl hiramoto org> wrote:
I'm trying to make a network device where you access it via http://MyDevice I'd like it to be visible to OSX, Windows, android devices on the LAN if possible. Is this possible with SSDP? Are there any code examples? The device is assigned an IP via DHCP, for a non-technical user it's hard to
figure out the IP address.    Is this a suitable application of SSDP?

For this use-case you'll want mDNS, not SSDP.

Uhm. The whole point of SSDP is advertising HTTP servers. But mDNS might be the more wide-spread solution to this, I agree. Though Windows >=7 might rather
be more receptive to SSDP ootb.