Two quick questions about the new whitelist functionality

Hi All,

I've had a quick look at the new whitelist code in GUPnP this morning and I have a few questions:

1. If my whitelist is enabled and contains one network, say network A, I don't get a context available notification when I join network B. Similarly, I don't get a context unavailable if I leave network B. Now, if my whitelist is disabled and I join network B, I do get my context available notification as expected. However, if I then enable the white list to filter out network B, I get service and device unavailable notifications but I do not get a context unavailable notification unless I leave network B. I can't see this causing any problems but I was just wondering if this is the intended behaviour.

2. I suspect the code in gupnp-context-manager.c:on_context_unavailable might be doing more rescans than necessary.

Let's suppose:

  - I have 3 SSIDs, A, B and C, each of which is running a DMS.
  - I have a whitelist containing A and B.
  - I have three control points, one for each context
  - My whitelist is enabled.
  - I disable the whitelist

I could be reading the code wrong here, but it seems that on_context_unavailable will do an unnecessary rescan on the control points for networks A and B. This control points are already active so the rescan isn't necessary. Also, if we set a control point to active is there any need to invoke a rescan? Doesn't the effect of transitioning from non-active to active send out all the broadcast messages? So I was wondering if we could we just remove the call to gssdp_resource_browser_rescan or is this needed for some reason?

Best Regards,

Mark