Re: GUPnP and Zones

Hi Jussi,

I don't think it would be bad if the default stayed as it is: apps
would have to enable the whitelisting functionality explicitly instead
of it being the default -- I think this is what most apps will want
anyway.
At the very least we should make sure this does break the API if we
change the default: otherwise apps will just silently stop working
when distros upgrade gupnp.

Agreed. Let's not change the defaults for GUPnP. We may however chose to use a different, and more secure, set of defaults for dLeyna. There aren't any dLeyna apps yet so we won't break anything.

There is of course a caveat for dLeyna clients here.  Apps that used the
dLeyna components would share the same set of settings for accessing
networks.

I assume you don't mean the gupnp whitelists would be per-application,
but are talking about the case where one dleyna-app decides that it
really wants to see all the mediaservers regardless of whitelists, and
as a result all the dleyna-using apps end up seeing them? This sounds
fine to me.

Yes.  This is exactly what I meant.

Best Regards,

Mark