Re: automation/scripting of public TV

On Sa, 2012-10-27 at 19:07 +0200, Felix Leimbach wrote:

> My use case, just in case you are wondering:
> I've got a huge TV in a public location, a kind of exhibition, and it
> should play specified videos at set times.
> This process has to be fully automated.
>
> Any idea on how to achieve that?

There's two solutions to this:

a) dLeyna[1], providing a DLNA to DBus translation layer, but I don't
know if it has ready-to-use scripts

b) Korva[2], [3], providing an implementation of the so-called DLNA
2-Box push model (+PU+) profile which means sending media files to
renderers from local file-system; it comes with commandline tools to
send an uri to a renderer, get a list of available devices and stop
sharing of a file.

[1] https://01.org/projects/dleyna
[2] http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/Korva
[3] http://gitorious.org/helium/korva