automation/scripting of public TV

Hi list,

I'm looking for ways to invoke methods on a UPNP/DLNA capable TV from a script. Using gupnp-universal-cp I can successfully invoke all actions via the GUI already, so it's only a questions of how to *automate* that.

My search has not found any linux (or even windows) command line tool that allows me to specify the UDN and the action with its parameters.

My use case, just in case you are wondering:
I've got a huge TV in a public location, a kind of exhibition, and it should play specified videos at set times.
This process has to be fully automated.

Any idea on how to achieve that?

Felix