Re: GUPnP client invocations and timeout

Hi all,

> That's why I talked to Dan today, and also wrote a small test, it seems to
> work with whatever soup version is on Ubuntu 11.10

I confirm that SoupSessionAsync timeout works also on Ubuntu 10.04.
Just the soup documentation is misleading.

>> thank you for your patch, but SoupSession has a "timeout" property which
>> is by default set to "0" (infinite). If the timeout occurs the message
>> will be finished with SOUP_STATUS_IO_ERROR. Despite the description this
>> also works on the SessionAsync we use in GUPnP. With regards to wakeups
>> I'd prefer to use that instead of an extra timer.

The timeout is reported as SOUP_STATUS_IO_ERROR soup status code
and translated to GUPNP_SERVER_ERROR_OTHER error.
Not much detail about the error, but we can live with it.

When we don't ever touch result of
gupnp_service_proxy_begin_action (reported in different thread),
we have no need to fork (now).

Thank you for great support and great library.

Kind regards
 Brano