Re: GUPnP client invocations and timeout

Hi Sven,

> You could install a timeout whenever you begin an action and if the
> timeout expires before the action returned, your timeout would cancel
> the action and raise an error.

Thank you for your reply. We implemented the timeout logic this way
and it is working reliably.
Now we are trying to integrate this into nice API.

Our proposed API is:
/**
 * gupnp_service_proxy_action_set_timeout:
 * @proxy: A #GUPnPServiceProxy
 * @action: A #GUPnPServiceProxyAction handle
 * @timeout: Guard timeout for the action
 *
 * Starts timer guarding the action.
 * If the timer expires before the action is completed,
 * action finishes with error GUPNP_SERVER_ERROR_TIMEOUT.
 **/
gupnp_service_proxy_action_set_timeout(GUPnPServiceProxy *proxy,
                                             GUPnPServiceProxyAction *action,
                                             guint timoeut);

Are you interested to review & merge this functionality?
Patch is attached.

Kind regards
 Brano