Re: [gupnp] difficulties building gupnp and friends

On 28/01/2010, at 1:53 AM, Kim Lester wrote:

All,

I've had some difficulties installing gupnp on a clean install of ubuntu 9.10. It has been a frustrating experience and I wanted to share for feedback. I'm pretty experienced at these things in general (but am not an automake expert).

Thank you to those who made suggestions.

I've addressed (so far) the gtk-doc issues.
I'm sstill struck on introspection.

The error message from a clean checkout of gssp and running autogen.sh
is
libgssdp/Makefile.am:52: HAVE_INTROSPECTION does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL libgssdp/Makefile.am:73: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
libgssdp/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

The error message from ./configure is
./configure: line 11430: syntax error near unexpected token `0.6.4'
./configure: line 11430: `GOBJECT_INTROSPECTION_CHECK(0.6.4)'

I have installed every deb pkg related to introspection:
gobject-introspection
gobject-introspection-freedesktop
gobject-introspection-glib-2.0
gobject-introspection-repository
libgirepository1.0-0
libgirepository1.0-dev

yet it seems as id autoconf is still blissfully ignorant of INTROSPECTION. So I'm still stuck (not being an autoconf guru).

Incidentally the runtime dependencies for gupnp may be small (I'l ltake your words on it) but the compile time deps are not trivial nor obvious - even with debs. If some of you think I'm overstating the case I suggest someone with a VM try installing a clean ubuntu and then trying to compile gssdp say.
The build dep list is neithier small nor obvious.

cheers
Kim