Re: [gupnp] Problem linking with libuuid when cross-compiling GUPnp for ARM

Yes you were right, the library did have object files for the i386 instead of the arm version. Fixed it by specifying the arm compiler for the CC variable during configuration. Thanks for your help and quick responses.

Sohail

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Ross Burton <ross openedhand com> wrote:
On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:38 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> > I am trying to cross-compile GUPnp for an ARM processor running embedded
> > Linux. All the supporting packages compile fine except for the GUPnp package
> > which fails to link with libuuid. I have a cross-compiled version of libuuid
> > in my compiler's lib directory - I am using the e2fsprogs version. During
> > the build the linker warns that it is 'skipping incompatible -luuid' and
> > finally errors out with 'cannot find -luuid'. Thanks for any help with this.
>
>   While I am hoping Ross can help you better on this when he is back
> from weekend, I must ask if you have looked at Maemo's packages? You
> can find gupnp-av and all it's dependent libraries in the Maemo 5 SDK:
> http://maemo.org/news/announcements/maemo_5_alpha_sdk_released/ .
> AFAIK there are source packages in there as well so you can see how we
> do the same thing. Hope that helps.

Sounds like a broken cross environment to me, Poky builds gupnp fine
too.

What does "file libuuid.so" produce on the cross-compiled libraries?  I
bet you have native packages in there...

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/