Re: [gupnp] Problem linking with libuuid when cross-compiling GUPnp for ARM

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:38 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> > I am trying to cross-compile GUPnp for an ARM processor running embedded
> > Linux. All the supporting packages compile fine except for the GUPnp package
> > which fails to link with libuuid. I have a cross-compiled version of libuuid
> > in my compiler's lib directory - I am using the e2fsprogs version. During
> > the build the linker warns that it is 'skipping incompatible -luuid' and
> > finally errors out with 'cannot find -luuid'. Thanks for any help with this.
>
>   While I am hoping Ross can help you better on this when he is back
> from weekend, I must ask if you have looked at Maemo's packages? You
> can find gupnp-av and all it's dependent libraries in the Maemo 5 SDK:
> http://maemo.org/news/announcements/maemo_5_alpha_sdk_released/ .
> AFAIK there are source packages in there as well so you can see how we
> do the same thing. Hope that helps.

Sounds like a broken cross environment to me, Poky builds gupnp fine
too.

What does "file libuuid.so" produce on the cross-compiled libraries?  I
bet you have native packages in there...

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/