Re: [gugmasters] Call for volunteers on GUADEC
- From: Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com>
- To: foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>, "board >> GNOME Foundation Board" <board-list gnome org>, gugmasters-list <gugmasters-list gnome org>, guadec-list gnome org, "committee gnome.asia" <gnome-asia-committee-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gugmasters] Call for volunteers on GUADEC
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:32:25 +0800
We have several people contact us to show their interests in building a GUADEC
To build a core and stable committee, the most important things we need but we don't have yet are:
1. Regular IRC meeting
2. Wiki page for GUADEC
3. Road-map and planning schedule
We already have a page for GUADEC
, but we need to create a page for GUADEC
committee. We can add below sections to this page:
Introduction about GUADEC
Introduction about GUADEC committee
What committee members are working on
I just update the wiki and create Committee members wiki
to build a core team from scratch. We can add more members once they
step in and join us. It would be great if anyone of you can help on building this
wiki page for GUADEC
We are calling for more volunteers and help now.
2011/5/12 Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com>
The GNOME Foundation has recently sent out a call for bids for hosting GUADEC 2012 . We are also calling for volunteers to help with organizing GUADEC. You can help regardless of where you might be located.
We would like to setup both a GUADEC event
committee and also a local team of volunteers on the ground at the
event location. It would be very much appreciated if people with
experience hosting past GUADEC events could get involved and help make
this event a success.
Even if the local team changes every GUADEC, there would be value having
a core and stable event committee to ensure good planning going forward
for GUADEC 2012 and future GUADEC events.
The GUADEC committee can help things on:
- Manage call for bids, including helping with review selection
- Build the website infrastructure including a registration system and use it for every GUADEC
- Draft call for sponsorship, call for paper documents etc
- Share Sponsors' contact
- Have regular meetings (usually IRC) with the local team once the bid is chosen
- Focus on continually improving the process, including post-event reports.
event committee would help with international sponsorship opportunities
while the local team would likely focus more on local sponsorship
- Art design
If you would like to help volunteer and organize GUADEC by being a part
of a GNOME event committee, then please step us and let us know. We are
open to any suggestions and discussion. We enourage you to use GUADEC-list  mail list and #guadec IRC channel at irc.us.gimp.org for more discussion.
] [Thread Prev