Re: Keynote/speaker profiles and interviews

Hey William,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 07:24:45PM +0200, William from Texas wrote:
> - Danny O'Brien is taking forever. At this point I have simply emailed him
> my interview questions and asked him to fill them in. We can still publish
> something good if he ever manages to get back to me! (he's missed 3
> appointments with me so far, which he scheduled!... I hope he makes it onto
> his plane to come this summer..)

Fingers crossed :)

We need to think of a backup plan in case the Iceland ash cloud throws 'roet in
het eten' (ash in the dinner, dutch idiom).

> - The other keynoters that I have are Fernando Herrera + Xan Lopez and Luis
> Villa. I will make contact and build information. I think it could be great
> if we'd link each talk on the schedule to bio/session info. It would help
> participants find out more both before and after the event. I like how
> debconf did it: eg,
> https://penta.debconf.org/dc9_schedule/events/469.en.html  Do we have any
> plans for something like this?

Yes, we have bio's that speakers entered when submitting their proposals I
believe. There is an outstanding request to the web team to make the program
available on the website with these bio's and abstracts attached, could you
coordinate with them (and design) to actually make this happen??

> - In addition, I had the idea of doing some dev and user profiles, perhaps
> posing the same 5 questions to a few people who will attend. The idea is to
> produce quick and regular promotion in the lead-up, and put names with faces
> and ideas.

I like it, how would this work out practically?

> A couple other notes about the website:
> - Conference\Schedule: I know it's still being worked on, but should we make
> a link to the schedule-in-progress, or leave a note saying to check back?

Perhaps, as it seems there is no action on the part of the web- and design ppl
on this yet..

> - Conference\Social Media Livestream: There is nothing here.. what will this
> be?

Not sure what you're on about here??

Gr,

Koen