Re: Helping out

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 09:33:47PM +0200, Sense Hofstede wrote:
> On 9 May 2010 23:22, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > What is the password for guadec.org and how do I change stuff?
> >
> > Btw: Subscribed a few people.
> >
> Thank you for setting up the mailing list and subscribing some people.
>
> First of all, apologises for my late response. I have been away last
> week -- Ubuntu Developer Summit -- and had little time to respond to
> my mail.
>
> If you want to change things to the code of the GUADEC website, please
> take a look at the 'guadec-web' module in GNOME Git; it contains the
> code of the website. We're using OCS.

How is this updated? It emails gnomeweb www gnome org

Oh, seems you just tookover an existing module and purged history?
Would've liked to receive a notification about this. E.g.
http://2003.guadec.org/ is still in the webserver config and now various
things are broken (website update scripts, etc).

Didn't you see those website update failure emails?

> Before I give you access, I'd like to know what you want to change to
> the website. We're using OCS -- Open Conference Systems -- for the
> website; it is very specific and doesn't make adding custom pages
> particularly easy. Some of the text is managed inside OCS
> (Accommodation, Overview), some of it just by hardcoding it into
> manually created template files(GNOME developer training).

Hmm.. I forgot specifics. There was some stuff on the accommodation
page (google maps view IIRC.. oh, and suggest to check flights from
other locations than Schiphol) which we discussed at the last meeting
and there was some typo in an announcement.

--
Regards,
Olav