Re: [guadec-local] Invitation process...

Hi Srini!

On 15 May 2015 11:43 am, "Srinivasa Ragavan" <sragavan gnome org> wrote:

> Hi Board,
>
> I guess the mailing lists are sounding with invitation letters and
> which means that we are close for GUADEC. The process we followed last
> time is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations
>
> In brief: We issue invitation for people approved for travel
> sponsorships, accepted speakers and foundation members. In addition,
> the people approved for travel sponsorship receive a sponsorship
> document signed by the Board Chairman. For any other exceptions we
> need +4 from the board. (Please correct me if I misquoted something)

FWIW, its supposed to be until voting is done, which should be 7 votes in total. Last year, we didn't wait for all 7 to come in because there was some urgency due to the time scales, but it's always better to make sure that there is enough time for everyone to have a chance to vote. The board voted on everything where the Foundation was involved (so everything signed on behalf of the Foundation).

Please send paperwork to the board in batches (maybe once per week for the moment and increase frequency as time becomes more of an issue?).

> With that in place, can the board nominate meĀ  & put in touch with the
> Sweden organization for submitting the invitation letters to them for
> signature. Last time, I received the digital signature from the
> organizer and I sent them as PDFs to the attendees who were eligible
> to get invitation. Im fine with that or I can send the unsigned doc
> and the organizers can send me the PDFs which I can forward to the
> attendees. The same for the Board Chairman/President too.

Should be fine either way. CCing the local team so that they can volunteer someone to work with you.