[guadec-local] Meeting minutes for 2015-03-11

Held in #guadec.
Next meeting on March 30th 18.00 UTC.

===============
#guadec Meeting
===============

Meeting started by skymandr at 18:02:02 UTC. The full logs are available
at http://meetbot.gnome.org/guadec/2015/guadec.2015-03-11-18.02.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 1 Finances  (skymandr, 18:05:46)
  * mattiasb was asked to contact Skatteverket, the Swedish tax
    authorities, regarding taxes for guadec.  (skymandr, 18:07:00)
  * ACTION: andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes.
    (skymandr, 18:08:15)
  * We need to decide whether to use the services of FFKP or to manage
    finances ourselves.  (skymandr, 18:09:12)
  * according to Leif-Jöran, organizer of FSCONS, taxes shouldn't be a
    problem  (andreasn, 18:10:04)
  * ACTION: oliverp to check the terms with FFKP  (oliverp, 18:18:06)
  * ACTION: oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a
    concrete offer on what services they can provice and what that would
    cost us until next meeting.  (skymandr, 18:18:18)
  * There is money coming in to the organisation, but we need to sort ut
    bank details before they can get all teh way.  (skymandr, 18:22:21)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 2 Call for papers  (skymandr,
  18:22:32)
  * LINK: http://guadecregcfp-patrick.rhcloud.com/ <-- comments welcome
    (puiterwijk, 18:23:39)
  * LINK: http://guadecregcfp-patrick.rhcloud.com/ <-- comments  welcome
    (skymandr, 18:23:54)
  * puiterwijk says the system for paper submissions is all but ready.
    (skymandr, 18:24:26)
  * During FOSDEM, Kat volunteered to coordinate papers. Thank you Kat!
    (skymandr, 18:27:48)
  * ACTION: People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers
    are asked to contact Kat.  (skymandr, 18:29:59)
  * Kat planned on announcing the call for papers soon. This discussion
    is deferred to the mailing list.  (skymandr, 18:30:30)
  * ACTION: fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper
    timelines discussion.  (skymandr, 18:31:10)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 3 Visa letters  (skymandr, 18:31:17)
  * there is a template for invitation letters for visa purposes on the
    wiki.  (skymandr, 18:36:54)
  * LINK: https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations   (fabiana,
    18:36:54)
  * LINK: https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations   (skymandr,
    18:37:05)
  * AGREED: letters of support/invitation will not mention  financing or
    sponsorship of travel and/or accomodation this  year.  (skymandr,
    18:44:00)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 4 Venue and BoFs  (skymandr, 18:45:19)
  * Do we have any updates on Humanisten?  (skymandr, 18:45:34)
  * ACTION: andreasn will email ljo  (skymandr, 18:46:58)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 -- 5 Sponsors  (skymandr, 18:49:23)
  * Google sponsorship confirmed.  (oliverp, 18:49:32)
  * Karen are the contact for the Google sponsorship and have details
    about it  (oliverp, 18:49:45)
  * OwnCloud is our first sponsor.  (skymandr, 18:51:07)
  * We need to confirm Leif Jöran's sponsorship.  (skymandr, 18:51:31)
  * LINK: https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors   (andreasn,
    18:51:57)
  * https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors  (andreasn, 18:52:04)
  * ACTION: andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec.
    (skymandr, 18:53:35)
  * We need a plan to reach out to local sponsors. Basically have one or
    two people be responsible for sending a email template + brochure to
    potential sponsors.  (skymandr, 18:53:43)
  * I'm ready to start contact potential local sponsors  (oliverp,
    18:55:02)
  * LINK: https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Sponsors   (andreasn,
    18:58:22)
  * ACTION: oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local
    sponsors  (skymandr, 18:58:23)
  * ACTION: fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy
    to help with helping.  (skymandr, 18:59:12)
  * We should start adding confirmed logos to the site.  (skymandr,
    18:59:48)
  * ACTION: andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great
    justice.  (skymandr, 19:00:35)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 --  6 Other  (skymandr, 19:00:42)

* GUADEC Meeting 11 March 2015 --  7 Next meeting.  (skymandr, 19:01:46)
  * AGREED: next meeting 30th MArch, 18 UTC  (skymandr, 19:04:48)
  * today Douglas Adams would have turned 63.  (skymandr, 19:05:34)
  * LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOoJmDCV64   (skymandr,
    19:06:07)

Meeting ended at 19:06:30 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes.
* oliverp to check the terms with FFKP
* oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a concrete offer on
  what services they can provice and what that would cost us until next
  meeting.
* People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers are asked
  to contact Kat.
* fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper timelines
  discussion.
* andreasn will email ljo
* andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec.
* oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
* fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help
  with helping.
* andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great justice.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* andreasn
  * andreasn will coordinate with mattiasb regarding taxes.
  * andreasn will email ljo
  * andreasn will ask ljo about his sponsoring guadec.
  * oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
* fabiana
  * fabiana will send an email regarding call for paper timelines
    discussion.
  * fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help
    with helping.
* oliverp
  * oliverp to check the terms with FFKP
  * oliverp will coordinate with FFKP and ask them for a concrete offer
    on what services they can provice and what that would cost us until
    next meeting.
  * oliverp and andreasn will start reacing out to local sponsors
* skymandr
  * fabiana will help with writing a template. skymandr is happy to help
    with helping.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * People interested in volunteering with coordinating papers are asked
    to contact Kat.
  * andreas will start using the confirmed logos for great justice.

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* skymandr (156)
* andreasn (83)