Re: [guadec-local] Meeting with Studiefrämjandet

On 2015-03-04 22:30, Mattias Bengtsson wrote:

Me, Oliver and Skyman went to Falken to meet with Ulf this Monday. Unfortunately he wasn't here. But the landlord was. We were shown a lot of halls and smaller conference rooms. The biggest of them takes 150 people and then two halls took around 70 people and one took 50 people.

Thanks for doing that meeting.
Does indeed sound like good for hackfests, but slightly small for the conference itself.
How many seats is the biggest hall at Humanisten, btw?

One problem is that the building is an old police building with thick walls so the wireless network is apparently pretty spotty. I believe there are wired ethernet though so maybe a bunch of repeaters will do.

Should indeed be fixable. FSCONS owns a router, I have a spare and they are actually not that expensive if we ended up buying some.

My proposal is that we set up a meeting with Ulf and Torsten (the network guy at studiefrämjandet) sometime when we're all in town.

I'm back home tomorrow, but Fabiana will be back only late next week.
I'm happy to join for meeting them sometime next week. We can take plenty of photos for the rest of the team.
- Andreas