[guadec-local] things to do

Hi local team,

I think it's important that we create an overview of the things that are important now, and find volunteers for it. I'm going to list some of the things, and hope any of you can participate, or can help finding others. Please reply if you or anyone else can pick something up. Koen, if you're up for it, please reply, or let us know if you're still to ill to respond.

-setting up the foundation for financial traffic. Vincent, Olav, Fabrice(?), what do you need to go forward here? Koen has mailed the regulations. -deciding on the keynotes, see below. It's really fun to check them out on the web, decide who can bring something to GUADEC. Would be more fun if someone would help with this, though. See below how far we are. -press contacts- I've emailed before a preliminary list. Anyone wants to finalize this list? See below -finishing website: Do any of you know this guy Vinicius? Can you contact him? Or give an email so I can contact him?
-getting preliminary program on the site. -do we have a webmaster yet?
-pre conference: contents and how to approach government for this. Vincent? Shall we work together on this? -create scenario with clear tasks and people responsible for all the detail work that has to be done. I will start this on thuesday, based on Dave notes on this (I think we really need this... there is a huge twilight zone now Koen is ill. In case anyone else falls away the following months, we need to know what to do.) -minutes from last meeting... Koen, can you send them? Or if I've missed them.. someone forward them? -network at HHS: bruce any succes with that? Have you had any contact with Koen about this yet? -next meeting: I have just replied to email by Koen, to get together on 3rd of April. Hopefully you can do the same.

greetings,
Sanne.

additional info below.

INVITATIONS
Already invited
** Ton Roosendaal from Blender - Dave ** Neelie Kroes (EU competition commissioner)... waiting for website to be ready -Sanne ** Simon Phipps - Stormy (pre-conference) ** Danny O'Brien - Accepted -Dave ** Scott Berkun - http://www.scottberkun.com/ emailed business/innovation -sanne ** Guy Kawasaki - http://www.guykawasaki.com/ emailed business/marketing -sanne ** Joel Spolsky - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/ emailed software development -sanne
yet to invite if people above decline (second round)
* Eric Sink - http://www.ericsink.com/ (previously accepted & had to cancel) My preference-Sanne Dave, in my view he can be asked for a lot of subjects. Maybe see what other keynotes show up, and depending on this ask him to bring a technical/non technical subject?
* Linda Stone          -sanne        2nd round
My preference-Sanne (technology as an enabler for democratization-could be very energizing and broadening the view of the GNOME community). I'll be happy to invite her. *Ellen Miller -sanne (Similar to Linda STone, probably not a good idea if Linda stone is showing up).

more people to choose from
* Seth Godin - http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ business/marketing * Alan Cooper (Author: "The Inmates are Running the Asylum") - http://www.cooper.com/ * Eben Moglen * Tim Berners Lee * Hans Riesling, gapminder: http://www.gapminder.org/ * Jonathan Schwarz * Merlin Mann (The guy from 43Folders) * Don Marti * Steven O'Grady * JP Rangaswami * Hugh McCleod * Lawrence Lessig * Pamela Jones (Groklaw fame, fallback for Lessig?) * John Carmack (linux desktop as a gaming platform) * Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu or linux desktop 3rd world) * Miguel de Icaza (Mono?) * Guido van Rossum (Python for the desktop) * James Gosling (Java and the free desktop, java GPL, GTK L/F) * Richard Taylor - GNOME at Weta Digital (no idea if that is a fact) * Scott McCloud * Philippe Starck (no chance, but why not ask?) * James Dyson * Lisa Strausfeld http://pentagram.com/en/partners/lisa-strausfeld.php * Linda Stone * Diego Rodriguez (IDEO & http://metacool.typepad.com/metacool/) * Tim O'Reilly * Jim Whitehurst * Michael Tiemann
PRESS CONTACTS
Trouw 	www.trouw.nl <http://www.trouw.nl/>
Vpro 	www.vpro.nl <http://www.vpro.nl/>

Computable 	www.computable.nl <http://www.computable.nl/>
Automatiseringsgids 	http://www.automatiseringgids.n
Webwereld 	http://webwereld.nl/
Website NN-Open 	www.nn-open.nl <http://www.nn-open.nl/>
OSSLO www.osslo.nl <http://www.osslo.nl/> jeroen van disseldorp capgemini com <mailto:jeroen van disseldorp capgemini com>, marcvloemans b3partners n <mailto:marcvloemans b3partners n>l
Website Holland Open 	www.hollandopen.nl <http://www.hollandopen.nl/>
Open20 	www.open20.nl <http://www.open20.nl/>
NOIV 	www.noiv.nl <http://www.noiv.nl/>
NOiV op Linked in

Openniews 	http://www.opennieuws.nl/
Transparante zaken 	http://www.janstedehouder.nl/
Onno Louwen 	Linux magazine 	o louwen hub nl <mailto:o louwen hub nl>
Hans Sleurink 	Media Update

Blogosphere..which ones?

	Digitaal Bestuur 	email/telefoon (koen?)