Re: [guadec-local] [guadec-list] video recording / streaming

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 11:16:59AM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 03:40:11PM +0200, Koen Martens wrote:
> > We're discussing with fluendo / flumotion possibilities for streaming
> > the lectures and recording them for postiority.
>
> I'm interested in this. Whom should I contact @ fluendo / flumotion?

I'll hook you up with them. I'm still discussing the details on the
sponsor-deal, but good to move forward on the technical side of the
bargain in parallel!

> > They proposed to stream the lectures in WebM/VP8, which would be quite
> > unique as that hasn't happened before at an event.
>
> Indeed. Though we need to ensure people can actually watch it.
>
> > We still need to provide camera's, and make sure everything hooks up to
> > their streaming center and all. The venue will provide audio feeds at
> > line-level.
>
> I'll probably need a contact at the venue to check what is possible.

Best to let this go through me for now. There are lots of details we need
to fine-tune with them, if 10's of our people contact them things likely get
messy.

If you let me know what you want to know, i can relay the request (bundled with
some other requests).

Things I was planning on asking HHS anyway:

- do you have camera's available
- can we run line-level audio from the mixing board to the camera's

> > I'm looking for a volunteer for coordinating this, so if you know anyone
> > let me know!

Guess we found that volunteer! Thanks for picking up this non-trivial matter!

Gr,

Koen