Re : [guadec-local] streaming: reunión mañan a?=

> (Writing in English since I ignore the level of Spanish of Zaheer)

> El dv 26 de 05 del 2006 a les 19:19 +0200, en/na Andy Wingo va escriure:
>
> >  1. Máquinas
> >     El GNOME event box tiene una, pero habrá que conseguir 4 más. A ver
> > si la UPC nos las puede prestar durante el evento.

 We've been talking about that yesterday as well. Zaheer explained us
 that we can go two way :
  * One is to keep everything on the server, then we can use the PC
     present in the room and save the stream in the server
     Drawback : we need the wifi network to be reliable
  * Store video locally and then stream to the server
     Drawback : we need disk space in the local machine.

 Either way we need to know need disk space and needed CPU power.

> Can you provide the hardware requirements of these machines? The UPC has
> been providing budgets for the rooms provided. Maybe they would do an
> exception with this equipment but I think it's safe to start looking for
> alternatives.

> >  2. Cámaras
> >     Qué hacer?
>
> We need 4 in total, isn't it? I can provide mine, with the GUADEC
> compromise that if something happens to it I get a new one, same model.
> I think it won't be difficult to find 3 more cameras under the same
> conditions between the GUADEC participants. But we need to ask now.

Yesterday Al said he would look after camera to rent.