Re: [guadec-list] conference software

On 2017-10-20 03:26, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
LAS is looking to move to a new conference software.  We would like to
move to OSEM (http://osem.io/).  I realize there was some talk about
using whatever FOSDEM is using, but honestly that software is 8 years
old and nobody supports it.  There is 5-6 dedicated people for OSEM.
So, I'm hoping to make an executive decision and move to OSEM.  Even
better, LAS will be the first GNOME conference next year and so we
will be the first to move to the platform.  Secondly, GNOME.Asia has
already used OSEM for the past couple of years.

Your mission if you choose to accept is to not respond if you agree
with the decision, or if you have questions then please respond or if
you object say so and explain why.  Once I have consensus, I will put
a request for getting OSEM setup on our infrastructure.

Last time I used OSEM, it wasn't as straight forward to use as I would
have hoped.
Maybe it makes sense to take it for a trial run for LAS and then see if
it makes sense to recommend it for the other conferences?
Is the signup system in OSEM (and/or Pentabaf) very, how do I say it,
concerned about itself? In the sense that it's overly formal, academic
and complicated?
- Andreas