Re: [guadec-list] conference software

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:

Last time I used OSEM, it wasn't as straight forward to use as I would
have hoped.
Maybe it makes sense to take it for a trial run for LAS and then see if
it makes sense to recommend it for the other conferences?
Is the signup system in OSEM (and/or Pentabaf) very, how do I say it,
concerned about itself? In the sense that it's overly formal, academic
and complicated?

Just for the record:

We are setting up an OSEM instance for another event in 2018: https://osem.cacharreo.club/

If someone wants to give it a sight I can give him/her admin access. We are using master branch at main git repo.

About setting it up, well: it has some stupid bugs so took more than expected to setting it up. Now we are starting to populate it with content.

About the sign up process seems to me to be straight forward. We expect to activate the external OAuth autentication too,