[guadec-list] GUADEC report week 20

Hi all

With 10 weeks to go til GUADEC starts, I'm going to start summarizing
what I do each week to this list. Others on the team please feel free to do the
same :-)

This doesn't replace the weekly meeting minutes which are available at
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Meetings/ as before. My hope is that
by summarizing ongoing tasks on the list we can keep the meetings free
for discussion, while still keeping everyone in the loop about what's
happening. Plus it makes me feel productive.

* Emails:
    * Accommodation query
        * Got address of accommodation's reception building from
          University and put it on website.
    * Invite letter query
        * Discussed with University about invite letters;
          not sure they understand what we want yet.
    * Sponsorship query: Neil is dealing with this

* Meeting at University
    * Met with IT/service delivery manager (Michael).
        * He knew what GNOME is already: a good sign.
        * Audio feed for recording talks is not something they normally
          do, but he thinks it's possible and will investigate
        * Not clear how Wi-Fi will work yet, it's there but they need
          to work out if we can share one account, or need to provide
          separate account details to each attendee
        * I forgot the details of microphones, asked in writing.
          There are not normally enough to have a microphone each in a
          4 person panel, but if planned in advance this could be
          organized
        * We should have one member of the service team present over the
          weekend for 8 hours each day.
        * We can have an IT briefing each morning with the volunteers
          for the rooms.
    * Venue discussion with Mandy
        * Room allocations agreed; I took some photos of the rooms too
        * Catering details agreed
        * Mandy is looking into how many power outlets we can provide in
          the lecture theatures
        * 1 parking space reserved for my van in case we need it

* University exhibitor guidelines -- printed and signed

* Created initial https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Venue page
  with various details

* Researched public liability insurance options.
    * Maybe GNOME Foundation's international liability insurance can
      cover it? Rosanna will send the policy details to us so we can
      see if the University think it's enough.

* Talk videos:
    * Researched the video cameras that the Foundation bought in 2014
    * Wrote up https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Video

* Website:
    * Violeta has documented places around the venue at
      https://2017.guadec.org/location/
    * Oliver fixed the "Event Details" submenu
    * Added address of the venue's accommodation to
      https://2017.guadec.org/accommodation/

* Poster:
    * Allan has done some work on this
    * We can add openSuSE as a sponsor
    * I want to rearrange the list of topics

* Press:
    * Initial list of press contacts:
      https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Press
    * Asked around for a volunteer to take on this role

* Printing:
    * Wrote https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Printing
    * Asked University print shop for a quote

* T-shirt designs:
    * Gary is going to do some over the weekend

* Volunteers:
    * Created initial list of during-the-conference volunteer tasks at
      https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Volunteers

* Updated https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Tasks

Next meeting is Monday 21st May at 18:00, join #guadec for more details.

Next weeks tasks include:

  * finishing posters and ideally printing them and starting to
    distribute
  * finalizing the schedule
  * finalizing evening events

Don't hesistate to get in touch if you would like to help out
with some of this!

Sam