Re: [guadec-list] Deciding a date for After Conference Day Trip

Hi,

On 15 June 2015 at 14:41,  <skymandr fripost org> wrote:
Since the dates we've been communicating to visitors say that the conference
ends on the 12th, I think we should try to avoid extending official
activities beyond that, but I don't know how it's usually done. Do people
normally expect to stay a few days extra for social activities at GUADEC?
(The conferences I've been to usually have the social events on a day in the
middle of the conference period.)

Yup. Based on my experience, most people are already home or on their
way there by the last day of GUADEC.

If you'd like to organize a trip, I'd suggest doing a half-day event
instead, and checking in advance how many people would be interested.
For many, the days following GUADEC really are about getting together
to hack and discuss projects.

Cheers,
Fabiana