Re: [guadec-list] Wifi status for the venue

On 22 July 2015 at 11:26, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Wed, 2015-07-22 at 12:26 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
On 07/22/2015 12:11 PM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

There is 2-3 ethernet jacks in every room, so speakers should be
able
to connect directly to those (I'll bring my USB ethernet dongles).
There is also no particular restriction on the ethernet ports, so
it's
entirely possible for us to bring extra routers and set up a backup

network in case the load on the venue's wifi gets to intense.

So I have an old linksys router I can bring. If someone else has some

hardware to lend too, that would be great.
I'll also bring some ethernet cables.

Do we really need more Wi-Fi if there's already support for about 300
devices, with roaming, etc. ?

I would think that it would only make it worse.

As this seems to be a "professional" place I would expect they fix
things if they break so having one around to create a small network,
for example for allowing a speaker to finish his talk with demos, in
case of problems could be useful as a safety but I don't think we
should plan for something bigger.