[guadec-list] Wifi status for the venue

A quick update about the wifi status at the venue.

I called the IT person at Folkets Hus yesterday and asked about the capabilities of the network, since our contact in charge of the booking said that there might be some limitations to the network, but was uncertain about the details. The IT guy said that the wifi network should handle up to 300 units at the same time, and that every device gets a cap for 54 Mbits. The entire internet connection is 1 Gbps both up and down. There is 2-3 ethernet jacks in every room, so speakers should be able to connect directly to those (I'll bring my USB ethernet dongles). There is also no particular restriction on the ethernet ports, so it's entirely possible for us to bring extra routers and set up a backup network in case the load on the venue's wifi gets to intense.
- Andreas