Re: [guadec-list] Minutes for IRC meeting 2015-04-17

On 2015-04-22 07:44, Germán Poo-Caamaño wrote:

Anyhow, before asking him I would like to know what is the overall
status (did we get a notice that we could something for free?, some
rooms? a hall?), what would we like to have? Requirements (# of rooms,
hours, etc?)?

Ah, yes, I can see how that is a bit confusing.
The location we first looked at was the Chalmers conference halls, but as noted, the price was quite a bit too much for our budget. Smaller class rooms are easier to come by on Chalmers though, so that's why Kalev looked into that (without success). Chalmers IT University is a cooperation project between Chalmers Technical University and University of Gothenburg and they are somewhat a separate organization that have buildings at another place in town.

If you're able to get in touch with your contact that would be wonderful!
We're having a local meeting tonight, so Oliver and Christopher will be able to tell the status of their searches (so maybe best to wait until tomorrow to reach out).
The requirements would be:
* August 10-11-12
* About 8 hours a day. Starting around 9, 10, ending about 5, 6, 7 in the night.
* As many rooms as we can get. What do we usually have? 10?
* Network connectivity. We have some routers and cabling that we can use if it's somewhere with bad wifi, but good ethernet jacks.

Thank you so much for the help!
- Andreas