Re: [guadec-list] Minutes for IRC meeting 2015-04-17

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
Hi,
Hi German,

Some questions about the status of venue for BoFs/hackfests at IT
University (Chalmers).
It happens I know a prof that works in Chalmers. I can talk with him
and/or help to introduce him with any of the locals.

Anyhow, before asking him I would like to know what is the overall
status (did we get a notice that we could something for free?,
Its still the case that I'm in touch with a friendly professor at
Chalmers who seems very willing to help us with this.

Its important to remember that Chalmers is a institution with two main
campuses (Johanneberg and Lindholm) and share some venues  with
Gothenburg University. While I don't know what institution or campus
the professor you know are based on the one I'm in touch with are
based at Chalmers Lindholmen and we are speaking using rooms in the
IT-university building (where he have his teaching)  as a venue for
the BOF's  .

I appreciate your offer to help and contact the professor you know at
Chalmers, that said I would want to try to wrap up the dialog I have
with the professor I'm in touch with and see if we can get the
IT-university as a venue.

There will additional status updates about the dialog I have with the
professor on the meeting tonight.

some
rooms? a hall?), what would we like to have? Requirements (# of rooms,
hours, etc?)?
A good way to get a sense of the requirements is to look at previous
schedules for the BOF's which can be found on the wiki, here [1] is
the schedule for last year.

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2014/BOFs

--
-mvh Oliver Propst