Re: [guadec-list] An academic track at GUADEC 2015 ?

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 23:44 +0100, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hi :)

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 07:12:08PM +0100, Oliver Propst wrote:
To my knowledge this have not been done before at GUADEC and I'm not
sure how well it would fit within the overall program, on the other
hand it may provide a nice contrast to the other more product oriented
talks. What do you others think about it?

Sounds interesting. Could turn out to be very boring or very fascinating.
Spontaneously, I'd say: Go ahead, try it out. But a discussion about it might be interesting.

Why not go for a co-located event and invite those attending GUADEC to
your own event? That way, you don't have to compromise yourself to "fit"
under the GNOME umbrella but still get the benefit of discussing
academic-related open-source stuff with experts that would attend GUADEC
anyway.

ciao Michael