Re: [guadec-list] guadec - data from superlectures

2013/9/6 Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com>
On 4 September 2013 10:23, Jozef Mlich <imlich fit vutbr cz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 10:47 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>
> As far as I remember, the superlectures will provide web hosting for one
> year. After that, the availability is not guarantied. The superlectures
> can give us a hard copy of all recordings.

Hi, how much space do all the recordings take up? Would you be able to
find out how much bandwidth viewers are currently using?

Thanks for asking this Kat. We definitely need a few statistics of both the disk and bandwitdh used for the videos before migrating them over the GNOME Infrastructure.

Andrea (CCed) is our sysadmin and will be able to help get these onto
GNOME infrastructure.

Andrea, there have been some calls for them to be in a free format,
which I think is already the case for what we should be given.

Sure, that's actually up to the people that will provide me the videos, I'll just set them up in a publicly available web server in the format you will provide them to me. As an additional note, we should probably ask superlectures to set up an apache redirect to our servers when the migration will happen. (to avoid current urls to break at migration time)

Also is the superlectures web UI proprietary or we can eventually set up an istance of the videos similar to the superlectures one? or do we just need the videos to be available somewhere without caring too much about the web frontend used for viewing the videos?

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,