[guadec-list] News from the GUADEC coordination team

Hi,
so as promised here are the latest updates on GUADEC - Brno 2013.

This update contains info on:

- Mailing lists
- Irc channels
- Roles
- Venue
- Accommodation
- Events

MAILING LISTS:

All of the the members of the local coordination team should now be subscribed to these lists. We are sorry if any of you have been subscribed twice.

Petr (pmkovar) is now the owner of the mailing lists.

- guadec-list Community list for GUADEC organisation
- guadec-local Forum for the local GUADEC team

IRC CHAT:
We have started to use the following irc channels:

Chan. : guadec-planning, guadec

Server: irc.gimp.net

It might be a good idea to join at least the guadec-planning channel to follow our regular irc meetings.

ROLES:
For the time being, we have defined the following roles but will add more people as needed:

- cschalle: sponsorship, etc

- fnadge: venue, accommodation, lunches, social events, team coordinator

- imlich: coordination with FIT VUT

- rtcm: webmaster

- rishi: feedback from paper committee,work on videos, etc

- bancinco: translations (intern)

- pmkovar: mailing lists

- msivak: general support, contact for Superlectures video editing services

- jeischman: general support

- jsteiner: design

- robert kratky:Liberix

VENUE:
The Technical University asked us to sign a contract with them that defines room number, agreed conditions, and occurring costs for electricity and technicians.

Jakub Mlich (imlich) and fnadge have outlined a plan for the number of rooms needed during the conference:

For the conference days, we have reserved four large lecture halls and four smaller rooms for admin and smaller meetings.

For the hackfest days, we have reserved twelve smaller rooms with capacities between 20 and 50 people per room. We were promised flexibility in case we need more or less rooms.

ACCOMMODATION:
We have secured Kolej Josefa Taufera as the main accommodation for the conference. They offer:

420,- CZK per night/per person, single room (1 person)

310,- CZK, per night/per person, twin room (2 persons)

Breakfast, running buffet 100,- CZK per person/per day

The large lobby offers WiFi and many comfortable armchairs, ideal for hacking and chatting. Each room has its own internet connection. People might need a reminder to bring cables.

Traveling to the conference venue takes about 12 minutes by public transport or 25 minutes walking.

Unfortunately, there is no bar but sandwiches are sold at the reception and a wending machine is stocked with snacks. There is a pub on the same block offering food until 11 p.m. and more pubs and restaurants are in the vicinity.

For details and two photos, see: http://www.skm.mendelu.cz/kolej_TAK.php

EVENTS:
The university offered us to use the venue for the welcoming party. If the weather is good we might even use the beautiful court space.

Other ideas that come to mind are a boat trip at the Brno Ohrada, there are few restaurants with the capacity for around 200 - 300 people at the various stops.

If we get the sponsoring for it we could also use again the technical museum. We have used this place once before for a party and it was an unforgettable experience.

For details, see http://www.technicalmuseum.cz/lang/en/

I liked the public swimming pool Dobrak, which is just across the street from from the dormitories. They have a beach volleyball area as well, if you are asking about the GNOME sports day.

http://www.koupalistebrno.cz/

---
In case you have any comments, ideas, or questions, contact either Christian (cschalle) or me (fnadge)

--
Florian Nadge
coordination team GUADEC 2013

Brno Officeâ(+420) 532 294 327 | cellâ(+420) 603 764 858 |inhouseâ82-62327
Red Hat Czech s.r.o. | PurkyÅova 99/71
612 45 Brno | Czech Republic
mail toâfnadge redhat com
www.cz.redhat.com
Time zone: CET
irc nick: fnadge (#gnome-cz, #guadec, guadec-planning)