Re: [guadec-list] Possibility of a Zeitgeist hackfest

Hi Seif,

El vie, 13-04-2012 a las 10:11 +0200, Seif Lotfy escribió:

> We would like to have the Zeitgeist hackfest from the 30th July to the
> 4th August at the same venue of GUADEC if possible.
> Our reasoning behind this is:
>       * Reducing costs since most of us will be at GUADEC
>       * We will have feedback and requirements to take into
>         consideration from GUADEC
>       * Due to the same location any1 from GNOME can drop by and help
>         us integrate better
>       * The nice people
> We know GUADEC ends on the 1st of August, so we wanted to know if it
> would be possible to have the 3 days extra for a hackfest.

We are going to open really soon another Call for Participation to
organize the other tracks of GUADEC as BoF, Lightning Talks and
Hackfest, and co-hosted events.

At this moment I could say you that there would be no problem during the
current GUADEC dates, because we have available the faculty building
from July 26th to August 1st, but the building will be closed in the
afternoon during the month of August because students are in holidays.

After GUADEC we would need to check for availability of a different
venue for the days you have requested. The local team could check other
possibilities knowing number of people that will probably attend your
needs.

Regards,

Chema Casanova