[guadec-list] Possibility of a Zeitgeist hackfest

Hello,
With the release Zeitgeist 0.9 behind us, which was a big deal do to the move from python to Vala and moving the infrastructure to FDO, the Zeitgeist team is starting to look for a nice host for a hackfest. We need the hackfest so we can further plan and sprint on the next milestones in Zeitgeist and work on deeper integration with GNOME. We already ship some loggers/plugins with some GNOME apps such as:
  • Totem (logger)
  • Gedit (logger & dashboard plugin)
  • Rhythmbox (logger)
Lately we have been working on some soft-dependencies in Folks, Telepathy-Logger.as well as GTG.

We would like to have the Zeitgeist hackfest from the 30th July to the 4th August at the same venue of GUADEC if possible.
Our reasoning behind this is:
  • Reducing costs since most of us will be at GUADEC
  • We will have feedback and requirements to take into consideration from GUADEC
  • Due to the same location any1 from GNOME can drop by and help us integrate better
  • The nice people
We know GUADEC ends on the 1st of August, so we wanted to know if it would be possible to have the 3 days extra for a hackfest.

Cheers
Seif