Re: [guadec-list] Organizing GUADEC 2012

On Sep 20, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Stormy Peters wrote:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Bob Murphy <bobert lavitanuova com> wrote:

Also, I'd like to start early on the bids process for 2014, and the big question for that is, of course, will 2014 be a GUADEC or a Desktop Summit? How is that decided, and when is that decision likely to be made?

The board of directors decides and we are open to any and all input. The Desktop Summit folks sent out a post-event survey and I think we will at least wait to see that. I don't know when the date for that is but it should be soon as the survey was sent out a week or two ago.

Good - I figured something like that was the case.

I was thinking that no matter which is decided, the conference location is usually a university. That being so, I believe it would be ideal to issue the request for bids early next year to give the bidding groups plenty of time to coordinate with staff and faculty, and complete and submit their bids before summer break.

Best regards,
Bob