Re: [guadec-list] Organizing GUADEC 2012

El lun, 19-09-2011 a las 16:10 -0300, Vinicius Depizzol escribió:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 14:51, Ilan Rabinovitch <ilan socallinuxexpo org> wrote:
> >
> > What has GUADEC used in the past for managing registration? There are
> > a few open-source projects that may fit depending on requirements.
>
> In GUADEC 2010 this Open Conference Systems (OCS[1]) was used, but it
> was a nightmare to maintain and setup the content of pages and the
> template layout. I'd really say we should consider some other
> solution.

In the local team we are interesting in evaluating different the
different options, we had good experience in the past about using
CDS Indico[1], developed by CERN, the software is supposed to be
designed to manage multiple events in an organization including small
workshops to big conferences. Indico is Free Software based and its
written in python. Persistance layer uses the Object Model Database
ZODB[2] so it is a change of paradigm to people as me used to have a SQL
database. A summary of the features is available here [3]

CERN has his instance avaliable to the public [4]. The interface is not
really beautiful but personalization is possible. Organizing a new event
with Indico doesn't need to devote too much time once installed. It
could be used to manage as different events as wanted.

This are my two cents about the conference management system.

[1] http://indico-software.org/
[2] http://www.zodb.org/
[3] http://indico-software.org/wiki/Features
[4] http://indico.cern.ch/