Re: [guadec-list] Registration form nitpicks

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 01:51:17PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> It seems to require Address + Zip + City, but I don't understand why it
> would need this. Further, it also wants my arrival date, while I don't
> know yet what day I'll attend.
>
> After a while I understood, this is for the:
> "these dates are required for government sponsorship for GUADEC 2010"

same for the address

> Also it says something like:
> "The ticket(s) have been sent to you."
>
> On the ticket and the email it mentions:
> "Bring a printed copy of this ticket to the conference"
>
> Is this really required or just standard text?

If you don't want to be bumped to the slow row, you need to bring the ticket
yes. It is to speed up registration. As it said on the registration site:

"Upon registration, a ticket (or multiple tickets) will be sent by email, in the form of a PDF document. Please bring a printed copy of this ticket to the conference, to help us keep queues short and registration swift!"

Gr,

Koen