Re: [guadec-list] Accommodation

Thanks, Jeroen.

That's good info that we should put on the website. We should also put where you can get a weekly pass.

Stormy

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Jeroen van der Vegt <jvdvegt gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Renting a bike for a week seems to cost about 40 euro (see e.g.
http://www.rijwielshopdenhaag.nl/content/view/12/26/ and
http://www.rijwielshop-hollands-spoor.nl/verhuur), and will usually
require a 50 euro deposit. It seems groups can get a discount. Note
that helmets are rarely used in the Netherlands.

Dutch public transport is midway a transition to pay-per-kilometer,
and it seems both the old and the new system are in use in The Hague
(see http://www.htm.net/Pages/DEF/245.html ).

A weekly pass is part of the old system. To move around in the whole
of The Hague, you'll need a 'two star' pass for zone '5400' which
costs 21.20 euro. (http://www.htm.net/Pages/DEF/493.html and
http://www.htm.net/Pages/DEF/480.html - only in Dutch, it seems). You
will also need a passport photograph for a weekly pass!

Cheers,

Jeroen.