Re: [guadec-list] website content

On 25 Mar 2010, at 13:30, Dave Neary wrote:

> I've always been of the opinion that decisions on design elements should
> be made by experts in design and not by popular vote. The wisdom of
> crowds does not work for some things. So if it's your opinion to drop
> it, and you've been empowered to come up with the GUADEC 2010 visual
> identity, then that's OK by me.

Indeed.  Just surprised that since it was a marketing decision (and generally agreed by a wider audience) that GUADEC should have a common visual theme linking it from year to year, that it's been dropped with no apparent discussion on the marketing list or elsewhere.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team