Re: [guadec-list] "Screaming Macaques"?

Hi Dave,

2010/6/2 Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>:
> Hi,
>
> Lucas Rocha wrote:
>> Organizers: in case someone is interested in organizing that, an
>> initial list of what kind of things are needed to make the gig happen
>> can be found here:
>>
>> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMusicianIndex/Guadec2008Concert
>>
>> See the "Equipment to rent" section.
>
> For something like this, I think it would be appreciated if the band
> took responsibility for sourcing instrument rental and co-ordinated with
> party organisers for an opportunity to have a live band - they may not
> be aware of the tradition of Drooling Macaque, and at this stage they're
> in crunch time getting everything to do with facilities finalised (so
> it's not that nice to create a lot of new work for them at shortish notice).

I'm definitely not proposing organizers to do that. Hence the "in case
someone is interested in organizing that" part :-) For instance, the
gig was organized by Igalia as part of their GNOME party last year.
So, this is something sponsors could do in case they're planning to
organize social events during GUADEC.

Cheers!

--lucasr