Re: [guadec-list] SMASHED '10

Le Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:23:39 +0200,
Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> The original SMASHED had a basic idea - have a few bottles of really
> nice whisk(e)y and share them around.
>
> I for one would really like to go back to the original idea, rather
> than the "get plastered on cheap paint thinner" route. Last year we
> had a few nice bottle and a few bottle which people brought along
> because they felt obliged not to come empty-handed. I for one would
> prefer not to spend €50-€70 on a bottle which will be a
> curtain-opener for a bender :)
>
> If anyone is interested, I would be well on for chipping in (say) €10
> or €20 per participant and getting 3 or 4 really nice bottles for the
> beach party, though. If we want to start with a hard-core group of
> SMASHED regulars so that we're ensured 3 bottles for €120-€150 or so
> & have anyone else who wants to chip in to participate once the
> bottles are broken out, then great!
>
> The basic idea - 3 or 4 really good bottles that we savour &
> appreciate. Who's interested? (If anyone knows any regular SMASHEDers
> that I've missed out who might be interested, please forward).
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.
>
> PS. For getting the bottles, we should first figure out how much we
> have, and then have some trusted malters buy the swag. I can chip in a
> Redbreast 12yo to start us off.

That would be my first SMASHED, and I don't know a lot about whisky
(though I am a regular wine taster and am willing to learn), but I
totally agree on the idea. I was planning on bringing a local liquor,
which is definitely not whisky, but which has a pretty rich taste, not
sure that "works" for SMASHED ?

Cheers

Adrien