[guadec-list] SMASHED '10

Hi all,

The original SMASHED had a basic idea - have a few bottles of really
nice whisk(e)y and share them around.

I for one would really like to go back to the original idea, rather than
the "get plastered on cheap paint thinner" route. Last year we had a few
nice bottle and a few bottle which people brought along because they
felt obliged not to come empty-handed. I for one would prefer not to
spend €50-€70 on a bottle which will be a curtain-opener for a bender :)

If anyone is interested, I would be well on for chipping in (say) €10 or
€20 per participant and getting 3 or 4 really nice bottles for the beach
party, though. If we want to start with a hard-core group of SMASHED
regulars so that we're ensured 3 bottles for €120-€150 or so & have
anyone else who wants to chip in to participate once the bottles are
broken out, then great!

The basic idea - 3 or 4 really good bottles that we savour & appreciate.
Who's interested? (If anyone knows any regular SMASHEDers that I've
missed out who might be interested, please forward).

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. For getting the bottles, we should first figure out how much we
have, and then have some trusted malters buy the swag. I can chip in a
Redbreast 12yo to start us off.

--
Dave Neary
GNOME Foundation member