Re: [guadec-list] Lightning Talks organization

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau gmail com> wrote:
> 2010/4/19 Mario Gonzalez <mgonzalez tubaloo net>:
>>
>>  I'm not a local guy but I would like to be that recipient if you
>> haven't got a reason to decline me.
>>
>> p.s: I'll propose a LT as well.
>
> Great, someone fell into my trap :) The fact that you are not local is
> not important at all as long as you have internet access. You say
> you're going to propose an LT, so I guess that means you are planning
> to attend GUADEC, which is perfect (it's more convenient to have the
> person handling the LTs be local during GUADEC imo :)

  Yes, I'm planning to attend, I have already sent my application to
the Travel committee ;-)

> Would you be willing to help draft the Call for Lightning Talks (if
> any) and to prepare the wiki page where people will add their LTs?
> (there are some pages from previous years which can be reused)

 Sure, my pleasure.

> As for being the recipient of LT PDFs (this also involves making sure
> people know they have to send you their LT PDF in time), that's fine
> with me. However, it feels safer to have these PDFs stored in some
> kind of "shared" storage in case real life gets in the way (eg
> volcanic ashes prevent you from flying to GUADEC and cuts off your
> internet access).

 I think it's a good idea even if the "recipient" is local or not.
Actually your example is something familiar to be: I'm a survivor of
the recent 8.8 earthquake (Chile). :-)

--
mgonzalez.cl/ | twitter.com/gonzalemario
TubalooNumber 01.688.420.1752