Re: [guadec-list] Speaker Sponsorship - Book Hotel myself?

Hi All;

Did you have to send this mail once I started traveling from Ankara to
Istanbul? :)

Well yeah, since I've arrived to Istanbul and I'm all for GUADEC after
now with Serdar, I'll be able to give much more exact answers for
anyone.

Starting with sponsored participants. My first plan is to get all rooms
left from Sultanahmet Sirkeci but it suddenly get booked out due to
company registrations. So I needed to find some other hotel and luckily
we could arrange a similar hotel with help of relations of volunteers
from Bahcesehir University (luckily father of one of their father was
CEO of the hotel group there). They promised to arrange necessary rooms
in such a sort time and to a big group like us.

Hotel is OrientExpress Hotel at Sirkeci. It's very close to GoldenHorn
Sirkeci and also Sultanahmet (just one tramway stop away).

Everyone whom got approval for accommodation sponsorship will get an
e-mail from me Tomorrow (1st of July). If you won't get an e-mail but
think that you had accommodation sponsorship approved, please contact
with me as soon as possible.

Apart from that, rooms are double. So you need to share rooms with
people, but rooms are really not very small and having twin beds. (Sorry
Zeeshan we're not that rich yet).

And also, the price of hotel for per person is 30 euros / day for 7
days. If you can find cheaper place, or already booked, please let me
know as soon as possible and I'll reimburse that amount for you.

Ok now I need to settle in my room. Terribly sorry about late info.

Regards,
Baris Cicek