Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2008 Registrations are Open

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 19:21 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Baris,
>
> On June 3rd, Baris Cicek wrote:
>
> > GUADEC 2008 Registrations are Open!
> >
> > Please visit: https://guadec.expectnation.com/guadec08/public/register
> > in order to register for GUADEC 2008.
>
> Unless you are from Serbia: Serbia is not among the countries listed,
> and it's neither supported by Paypal (and I believe this problem
> happened last year as well).
Sorry about that.

> Can you please take whatever action is needed to consider me
> "registered" (danilo gnome org on there) at "Standard" level, and I'll
> pay on-site (of course, if credit cards, or other online payment
> methods are accepted, I'd be glad to use them instead).
>
> > Payments will be handled by PayPal this year as well. PayPal integration
> > with guadec.org will also be available, however currently you can
> > register and pay later.
>
> Does that mean my registration is accepted?  The web site is not very
> clear about that.
If you don't pay, your registration  status stays as 'pending'. You can
pay on-site to change this to 'paid'. Of course on-site registration
will be available. Though on registration it's likely that people
registered earlier will get their swags and badges earlier than on-site
registrants.

> Also, would the organisers prefer on-site payment in Euros or Liras?
Only Euro payment will be accepted.

Regards,
Baris.