Re: [guadec-list] travel information

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 05:16 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> Hey!
>
> On 1/9/08, Gil Forcada <gilforcada guifi net> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Since the dates are fixed now (7th to 12th July) we can already start to
> > booking flights and accommodations, we (Sílvia and me) have already
> > searched for flights, but if someone local can explain a little about
> > the better ways of how to get there ... ;)
> >
> > the earlier people book the cheaper it will cost and maybe we can
> > sponsorship more people because of that
> >

> The key here is not saving money, but having the chance to bring more
> people to GUADEC.
>
> Also, visas can be a bit of a pain in the neck if not done with time.
Luckily Turkish Visa policy is very friendly. Here's the link from
Ministry of Foreign Affairs web page, describing Visa details for almost
all countries:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/MFA/ConsularInformation/ForForeigners/VisaInformation/VisaInformationForForeigners.htm

For most European countries visa is required and most of Latin countries
are exempt from Visa, but visa is easy to get at border gates. Fees are
listed below:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/MFA/ConsularInformation/ForForeigners/VisaInformation/visafees.htm

This information is better to have its place at l.g.o.