Re: [guadec-list] Guadec Planning Meeting Notes - 3rd March 2007

Hi,

My apologies to Thomas for not spotting the typo below earlier,

----- Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:
[snip]
> Finances
> --------
>      * Paul has spoken to an accountant in Birmingham and he has
> advised
>        we set up a limited company to deal with the funds.
>      * The main reasons for the limited company were:
>            o Limited liability for those people involved
>            o Clearer tax rules
>            o No income tax to deal with
>            o Offers a more transparent way of doing things with well
>              known rules and procedures
>            o Public records, and many accountants offer an audit
> service.
>      * The disadvantages were than we would need to charge and pay
> VAT
>        if the turnover was more than 61k, which is likely.
>      * Paul pointed out that it was unlikely the accountant would
> have
>        suggested any other option, but it is still a good option since
> it
>        provides a well known framework.
>      * Setting up the limited company will cost about £200
>      * The accounting will likely cost 12-14k

The accountant estimated around 1200-1400 in general costs upto and including end of year filing.

--
Paul Cooper                    |  Tel: 0121 634 1620
Assistant Director             |  Fax: 0121 634 1630