[guadec-list] GUADEC Marketing Campaign

YOUR DESKTOP NEEDS YOU!

If YOU want to get involved in THE BIGGEST and THE BEST CONFERENCE in the GNOME CALENDAR, then help us SPREAD THE WORD about GUADEC and GNOME!

And now that I have your attention...

One of the goals of Guadec, and especially in bringing it to the UK, was to raise awareness about the GNOME project. At our last Guadec planning meeting we were discussing the ways in which we can get more people involved in Guadec.

One of the easiest ways to get involved is to start promoting Guadec and the Gnome project at your local LUG or university, or any other geeky institution. We'd like to see Guadec posters put up in as many university and collage computer science departments as possible.

So first things first, we need some nice posters that are easily printable on A4 paper to stick up on notice boards. It would be great if we could find some artists in the UK to help with this project, so if you know any artistic people who are interested in free software, please ask them if they would like to help out!

If you are a collage or university student, or regularly attend your local lug meetings, SPEAK UP NOW, and place your name on our marketing campaign wiki page: <http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2007/MarketingCampaign>

Regards,

Thomas

--
GUADEC - The GNOME Conference