Re: [guadec-list] Sponsorship letter

On 6/29/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 13:56 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> (sorry if someone gets duplicates of this)
>
> Fighting the consulates, I realized that it would be a good idea to
> have a letter from the foundation where it's acknowledged that I'm
> being sponsored to attende GUADEC and GUADEC-ES. You know, to make
> things "look official".

I prefer to have these things handled by GUADEC organizers, not the
Board.  The standard GUADEC invitation letter looks quite official to
me, and has got me (and others) visas already.

What kind of problems are you having with the consulate?

Yep I know, it's quite good. What I mean with this one is to show that
the top-level organization (the foundation) knows about all this and
to explain that my trip is both to Spain and UK.
Right now I have the standard UK invitation letter (guadec letter) and
that's fine, but it only mentions my trip to UK, it doesn't detail
that I'm dropping by Spain a few days.

It's just to summarize things. Under the asumption that if it doesn't
harm then it clarifies things for the embassy.

behdad